My latest shoot did not go quiet as planned. If I try not to criticize my work too much I believe I set my expectations very high after my previous shoot. I have ended up with a lot more to think about than I thought I originally would.
From being to critical I had dismissed the whole shoot, that is until my tutorial and then looked through the images a lot more without adding to much attachment to them. And I found there was actually work I can use after all. Though in my next post I will talk about the recommended project re-write I have been told to take much to my disapproval!
It has been interesting to think about why Jess doesn’t like the work for her reasons and why I wasn’t feeling it for mine. But I think it goes back to it was not looking how we expect to see it on social media. The work we have been producing looks like things you see from fashion style companies or celebrity photo shoots. And because of this I believe that is the reason we didn’t connect with this work as well as with previous shoots.
Ideally this was planned as my last shoot. As it has worked out it will not be, having looked through the work and now knowing there is gonna be shift in the key themes. I have decided to do one final shoot in the coming weeks. Only once I have worked out the parameters for this new change that is going on in this project.