I have finally settled on 4 prints in a range of sizes that I am more than happy to exhibit. I have done both test prints and just ordered my final prints today. I wanted to make sure the images didn’t lose their quality and to see what they looked like on semi gloss paper. Which is making it all real now that I am on my final week and sending off for the final bits of work!!
I have had quiet a few ideas on how to exhibit my work, but I have changed the size of my work. I am now doing two A2’s instead of just one and an A3, now that I have ordered my prints I don’t know where to take my work. I have so many ideas and options on how to put my work up, but I think it will be a when it’s time to put the work up that will be when I make a final decision on how I wish to put the work up.
We recently had to submit work to our shred google drive. This work was going to be a part of the our exhibition catalogue and the work would build that up. For this we just had to add a couple of our own photos from our series. And have a separate word document with both our title and mini artist statement about the work we have done.
It was quiet interesting to see everyone’s work on their, the titles and images we have all got down too. Seeing the wide diversity among all our projects. Between us all we cover so many themes and ideas. And I can’t wait to see what the final catalogue and work will all look like.
Sequencing has been a problem throughout, I originally just throwing my dummy books together. It was only after I did my final few sequences after I had finished shooting I really started thinking about it.
Because of the variety of images I had I thought it was better to have them in threes. I would start with a standard studio one followed by a location one, then finally I would finish with one of my high key idealistic portraits. Though I did use objects or double page portraits as breaks throughout the book. I started off with approximtly 64 photos that I thought counted an narrowing them down!! But I eventually after having to be cruel about my work cut them down to 30 Images in final that I was positive I wanted to use!
Recently I have been thinking a lot into how I wish to exhibit my work. I do have a massive space in which to work with it is approximately 4 meters wide then pretty much floor to ceiling. I just want to exhibit my studio work from this year. As if you want the full project the book will say that not a few prints I find.
So I want 3-4 prints, starting from definitely A1 possibly A0 down to A2 or A3 for the three main prints I will be doing. Then for my own amusement I will be almost hiding a small A4 or 6×4 print of Jessica’s first time in the studio. This shot was taken with lighting and everything in the shot, it was just to look and record what my studio set up was. And I have never seen anyone more terrified in my life! She looks so small, scared and young so I think it will be the perfect image despite how small it will be. It will make a big impact on my work. I will soon add sketches to this blog to show what my intentions are…
I want to look at the issues I had in my last shoot. As looking at the images I found some rather entertaining ones.
We had such a job with these balloon and bubbles, from trying to throw them just enough with out a hand entering the photo or just her face being taken over by one. We did have so much fun doing this shoot. With a lot of me telling my friend who was assisting to throw the balloons this way and that like you can control a balloon. To my sister getting a mouthful of bubbles and mid shot spitting out bubbles.
There was also the placement of the light, we had this sort of halo of colour and because my sister is quite tall I kept capturing the light in the back. Or she would hit her head of it when stepping to far back. As fun as we thought this shoot would be and it was fun! The nightmare with balloons falling not enough or in the wrong places and mouth full of bubbles while more pop on the lens! It really did have it’s laughs and I came away with some of my favourite shots.
After thinking I had done my final shoot I quickly realised that I had not. The shoot had not turned out how I planned, it just felt like a total disaster to me. I did have work I could use but I didn’t end on a note that I wanted too. So me and Jess decided we would fit another final shoot in!! Much to our amusement to have a final final shoot!
Before hand for some reason I was so nervous about this final part, I have in last few days started to realise that my degree is really coming to an end. So I was sad to see this particular session come to an end. Jess has grown so much in the time I have been shooting her, and we ended on a fun bright shoot in which she looked stunning.
Because of my worry over the shoot I thought it was best to make it as fun and light as possible. This work after all is turning into a celebration of the person we see growing in front of us.
I have used a lot of colour this year with her, but one thing I have not done is include props or gone bright. All the images have been almost voyeuristic in both pose and colour I found. So I though some light was needed to round it all off.
We used various things to get this look in the shoot:
- Coloured gels
- excellent bubble blowing skills
- Not enough blue tac
- And A Jess…
W used a simple set up on of light on the back with a coloured gel on and then a beauty box on her. And because of some worry about printing these later in a good format we used the Nikon D800. I did not want anything to complicated just simple beautiful portrait with some light fun colours.
And I believe I got exactly what I asked for. I think this was a fun shoot to finish on and has wrapped up the work for Jess. She has done her part now in this project and now I need to bring it all together to finish this project for her.