Sequencing

Sequencing has been a problem throughout, I originally just throwing my dummy books together. It was only after I did my final few sequences after I had finished shooting I really started thinking about it.

Because of the variety of images I had I thought it was better to have them in threes. I would start with a standard studio one followed by a location one, then finally I would finish with one of my high key idealistic portraits. Though I did use objects or double page portraits as breaks throughout the book. I started off with approximtly 64 photos that I thought counted an narrowing them down!! But I eventually after having to be cruel about my work cut them down to 30 Images in final that I was positive I wanted to use!

Advertisements

Thinking about font…

For this one I struggled over something I thought was trivial. As daft as it now sounds I didn’t think that the font i picked would make any difference. But really I guess it could make or break a project, picking a font that looks so dull compared to such an intricate personal project. This should have really been as personal a decision as the whole project has been..It had to be something that matches with Jess. I had a vague idea of what I wanted.

So I thought I would test both the title and quote I was using in each font. In the end I picked American Typewriter, It has always been one Jess liked from a previous book she has read. She has always liked the font and even wanted a separate quote tattooed in this font.

cunant6mbl93c2364z986b7d8565feAmerican Typewriter RegularT